The History Center Museum
The History Center Museum is located on the lower level of the 1839 Courthouse. And, is one of the History Center's biggest attractions for both members and public visitors alike.
The museum houses the History Center's permanent exhibits. These exhibits tell the story of Berrien County history, dating back to the glacier land formation all the way to the 1950's. Some of the most popular of these exhibits include "4 Flags: French, English, Spain, and U.S.", "Rail Transportation", "Call to Arms: Civil War", "Trade Routes", and "The First World War (WWI)". These are just a few of the many historical exhibits the museum has to offer.
In addition to these Museum Exhibits, the History Center also presents Special Exhibits focusing on various aspects of Berrien County history, telling a more in-depth story. These Special Exhibits are located on the first floor of the Sheriff's Residence.