If you are looking for a unique backdrop for a senior portrait, a big enough space for a large family panorama, or the perfect amount of uniqueness for an engagement shoot, the History Center at Courthouse Square is the perfect choice for your photography needs! Our buildings and grounds are available for photo sessions and shoots, with information about fees and requirements found below.
The BCHA loves seeing all the creative ways our buildings and grounds are being used to make your photos special and are always looking for copies for our records and portfolio. Please send digital copies to email@example.com or physical copies to the address found at the bottom of the page.
NOTE: The BCHA and the Berrien County Parks Department can deny use the grounds to photographers that promotes violence, hate speech, or ideals not compatible with our organizations. Additionally, the BCHA may ask photographers to leave if their behavior in any way endangers our artifacts, exhibits, or staff and visitors.
To use our grounds for your photography event, please review the Photo Shoot Rules and Request Form and read the information below. Call us at 269-471-1202 if you have questions.
When choosing our grounds please take the following information into consideration:
- For the safety and security of our guests, the BCHA requires photographers to notify us of any photo shoots being hosted on the grounds regardless of size.
- The Courthouse Square is a museum and all BCHA events, programs, and exhibits take priority. Please contact us to see the dates and times you have in mind are not in conflict with our existing calendar of events.
- The grounds are open to the public and photographers cannot ask guests to leave the area for their shoot. Any photographer found preventing guests from accessing the grounds when open will be asked to leave immediately.
- Commercial media shoots that need the grounds to close down must secure permission from both the BCHA and the Parks Department. There may be fees involved, please contact us immediately to learn more.
To use the interior for your photography event, please review the Photo Shoot Rules and Requests Form and read the information below. Call us at 269-471-1202 if you have questions.
When choosing any one of our buildings, please take the following information into consideration:
- All interior photo shoots must be scheduled with the BCHA and fees will apply (please see the Request Form), photographers who do not schedule will be turned away.
- No photographer may rearrange, remove, or otherwise alter our exhibits without the BCHA’s express permission and no one but the BCHA may handle artifacts on display.
- Parties interested in using our artifacts, photos, or other items in the photo shoot must sign an Image Use Form and pay all related fees.
- Any photo shoots that put our staff, guests, or buildings in danger will be immediately shut down and all involved parties asked to leave if they are unable to comply with our requested changes.